The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for presentation at the 17th Congress of the European Society for Developmental Perinatal and Paediatric Pharmacology.
Abstract submission is now closed. Notification letters will be sent out by the end of March.
In order to standardise the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts may only be submitted online. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Please use UK English spelling.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress.
- Abstracts should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to 28 May 2019.
- The title may not exceed 50 words. The abstract text may not be longer than 300 words – excluding references and disclosures.
- Following structure will be required:
- References (if any)
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text (but, do not define in the title).
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Authors should indicate their presentation type preference:
- poster presentation only
- oral or poster presentation
- Disclosure of potential conflict of interest (e.g. grant support, consultancy, membership on advisory councils, speaker’s bureau) by all authors and source of funding are mandatory. Each listed author should prepare a one sentence statement that will be published with the abstract.
- Please make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for correspondence and questions that might arise)
- your personal user code and password.
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access code. Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of 30 January 2019, 23:59h CET.
The committee welcomes the submission of abstracts that are related to developmental, perinatal and pediatric pharmacology.
Each abstract will be reviewed by at least 3 external experts and final selection will be made by the Scientific Programme Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email in the end ofMarch2019. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
Selected abstracts will be published in the online supplement of the Archives of diseases in childhood.
Full text of regular abstracts will be published 14 days prior to the congress (14 May 2019) on the congress website. Late Breaking News will be published on the first day of the congress (28 May 2019).
Young Scientific Investigators' Sessions
Abstracts submitted by presenting authors who are aged 35 or younger (born on or after 1 January 1984) may be considered for the Young Scientific Investigators’ Sessions. Selected presenters will be invited to give an oral presentation followed by discussion.
If you wish to be considered for this session, please click the appropriate checkbox during the online abstract submission process.
You will be required to upload a copy of your passport with readily readable date of birth as proof of eligibility. Prepare this document in one of the following formats: BMP, GIF, JPG or PDF files (size limit 1 MB). Applications without passport copy or arriving after 30 January 2019, 23:59h CET will not be considered.
(If you have difficulties uploading your passport copy, please contact ESDPPP2019@abstractserver.com)
If you have questions regarding abstracts or need assistance, please contact the abstract team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions please contact ESDPPP2019@abstractserver.com.
When contacting the abstract team please refer to the name of the congress.
Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday - Friday during CET business hours)