We would kindly like to invite you to attend the 17th Congress of the European Society for Developmental Perinatal and Paediatric Pharmacology. The meeting will be held in Basel on May 28-30, 2019 at the Congress Center Basel, the largest conference center in Switzerland.
It will be the 2nd time this Congress is hosted in Switzerland. The inaugural meeting of the Society was organized in 1988 by Prof. Jean-Pierre Guignard in Les Diablerets, Switzerland.
The following topics will be covered at the meeting:
- How to better use model-based adaptive trial design in paediatrics
- Development of an international guideline on paediatric extrapolation (ICH)
- Child friendly, age-appropriate formulations: how important are excipients?
- Drug formularies for children: time for a global approach!
- Adverse drug reactions across the paediatric age continuum
- Personalized medicine in children: more than just development?
- Pharmacogenomics: a cornerstone of precision medicine for childhood cancer
- New emerging therapies for genetic diseases (e.g., mucopolysaccharidoses, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular dystrophies, cystic fibrosis)
- Immunotherapy for paediatric cancer
- Pharmacology of cannabis in adolescents
- Personalized optimal dosing computation in neonates and children with thyroid diseases
- How to dose neonates and children during ECMO, haemodialysis and haemofiltration
- Alternative avenues to perform Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: use of saliva, dry blood spots and exhaled air!
- Implementation of e-health devices in clinical and pharmacological research in kids
- The role of the placenta in fetal and perinatal pharmacology
- Drug-drug interactions and education of health care providers
- How to conduct a successful neonatal clinical trial: the example of inhaled steroids
- How to optimize the use of microdosing in the neonatal and paediatric pharmacology
- Optimal use of antibacterial agents in the neonatal and paediatric population across the globe
- The opioid epidemic: what is new in the area of neonatal abstinence syndrome
- How to optimize pharmacotherapy in paediatric obesity
- New approaches in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Update on research infrastructures across the globe (i-ACT, IMI2, FDA-funded clinical trial research networks)
- Post-meeting educational symposium
There also will be many presentations by young physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and basic scientists based on the abstracts these young individuals submit to the meeting. This underscores the importance of not only attending, but also of presenting your research findings at the meeting and to actively participating during the Q&A sessions.
We are looking forward to welcoming all of you on May 28-30, 2019 in Basel, Switzerland!!
John van den Anker